What We’ll Cover
- Adding a New Employee
- Creating Users and Roles in Web Office Admin
- Suggested Reading
The Dashboard or System Users page is where you can view, search, and edit existing profiles and add new profiles for your corporate employees.
Important: Before you add employees, it’s recommended that you manage Roles, see: 5.2. Assigning Employee Permission Roles.
Watch the video:
In Corporate Office, navigate to: Employees > Dashboard.
Search Bar - The search bar allows you to search for specific employees.
+ New Employee - Add a new employee. Opens the New Employee pop-up window.
Employee Profile - Displays the employees picture, display name or username with their primary and secondary roles. When clicked, these profiles open the Employee Detail pop-up window.
For an employee to add a profile picture and more, see: How to Update an Employee Profile
The New Employee Pop-up Window
Add a new employees’ roles, statuses, and other key information.
Username - Assign a username for the employee. This will be their login username.
Display Name- Type the employee’s first and last name.
Email Address - Type the employee’s email address.
Location/Department - Assign the location/department. This feature currently only has one option: Corporate.
Password - Assign a password. Needs to have 1 UpperCase letter, be at least 8 letters long, and have 1 number.
Confirm Password - Confirm the above password.
Role - Assign a primary role.
Secondary Role - Assign a secondary role.
Note: The system grants access to the combination of roles defined with the secondary dropdown. If no secondary role exists for the specified user, Primary and Secondary roles should match or it can be left blank.
Close - Close the pop-up.
Save changes - Save the employee configuration.
The Employee Detail Pop-up Window
Edit the employees’ roles, statuses, and other key information.
- Username - View the current username. This can’t be changed. If you’d like to update the employee’s username, you can delete their profile and create a new profile for them with a different username.
- Change Password - Click to change the password. A pop-up will open where you can enter and confirm the new password.
- Display Name - Update the employee’s display name.
- Email Address - Update the employee’s email address.
- Status - Enable or disable the employee’s access to the system without deleting them.
- Location/Department - Update the location/department. This feature currently only has one option: Corporate.
- Role - Update their assigned role.
- Secondary Role - Update their assigned secondary role.
- Delete - Delete the employee profile. A pop-up will open requesting confirmation.
- Close - Close the profile.
- Save - Save changes to the profile.
Adding a New Employee
Step-by-step guide: How to Add a New Employee
Creating Users and Roles in Web Office Admin
To add the user to the Web Office Admin, the added employee simply needs to log in with the credentials you just created. This employee will be automatically added to the Users and Role page in the Administration section of the Web Office Admin where they will automatically be assigned to the Standard User role. By default this role doesn’t have any permissions enabled. Administrators can manage these permissions and move users to different roles.
Unlike the Corporate Office, the only roles predetermined are Administrator and Standard User.
Read more: 7.1. Managing Web Office Users and Roles
Step-by-step guide: How to Create a New Role in the Web Office Admin
To assign roles to employees:
1. Click the USERS tab.
2. Find the user/employee in the list and click the Edit icon.
3. In the pop-up, assign a role.
4. Click SAVE.
- How to Update an Employee Profile
- How to Add a New Employee
- 7.1. Managing Web Office Users and Roles
- How to Create a New Role in the Web Office Admin