What We’ll Cover
- Commission Profile Page
- Creating a New Commission Profile
- Suggested Reading
The Commission Runs page is where weekly and monthly Commission Runs can be created, viewed, and approved before locking them for payment.
Typically, you may have associates contacting your customer support team with issues revolving around commissions. The uncommitted commission period is exists so you can run the commission, see where the numbers are at, find what’s missing, fix them, and then run another uncommitted plan to see how the numbers change. Once the numbers are correct, then you can lock and commit the commission period.
Once committed, you can then start paying associates. For more information on paying associates commission, see: 4.3. Reviewing and Adjusting Payables.
In Corporate Office, navigate to: Commissions > Commission Runs.
- Period Selector - Allows you to sort the commission runs based on a certain time period. The default on this page is the last 7 days. You can, however, select any date range you want to view commission runs in that period.
- + New Profile - To begin creating a commission run for a new period, you first create a new profile. This opens the New Profile pop-up window.
- Uncommitted Commission Runs - The commission profiles you create appear in this list where you can view or delete the profiles.
- Expired Commission Run Notice - A commission run has expired. Any process that runs for 15 minutes on the same step will be moved to expired. If it expires, it will stop looking for updates. To start the update again, refresh the Commission Profile page.
- View - Navigates you to the Commission Profile page.
- Delete - Deletes the commission profile. Committed commission profiles can’t be deleted.
- Committed Commission Runs - After viewing, auditing, and committing a commission profile, the profile will then show up in this list where the details can be viewed.
- View - Navigates you to the Committed Commission Profile page.
New Profile Pop-up Window
- Description - Type a helpful description of your commission profile to aid in finding it later.
- Template - Choose a template for your profile. These templates define the specifics of the profile. You create these templates in the Compensation Plan XML page, if enabled.
- Expires On - This calendar tool that allows you to set an expiration date for the profile.
- Period - Select a commission period. These periods correlates with the selected template and only shows uncommitted periods.
- Close - Close the pop-up.
- Create Profile - Creates the new profile. The profile will be sorted in the Uncommitted Commission Runs list until it is committed and can be viewed by clicking the View button.
Commission Profile Page
A Commission Profile is a viewing/reporting page that allows you to see what will potentially be paid out in the selected period.
The data that is shown in this profile will not be the final amount before it is committed. It is a view into who will be paid as of the end of the period based on their qualifications.
When the commission profile is committed, the amount to be paid out is final. Note: The profile will only show what will be paid out to the qualified associates. Anything that is being held, forfeited, or otherwise deferred will display after the profile has been committed.
Lock Commissions - When the commission profile is approved, it will need to be locked. Click this button to the finalized numbers, and makes them available for payment. A pop-up will request confirmation. Commissions can’t be adjusted once locked.
Once locked, the button will change to a Commit Commissions button. Committing commissions can only be done once on a profile. DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL ALL NUMBERS IN THE PROFILE ARE APPROVED.
A confirmation pop up will appear on the page, giving you the option to cancel or commit. Press Commit to commit the profile. The commission profile is now locked, committed, and available for payment. See: 4.3. Reviewing and Adjusting Payables for details on paying associates commissions.
Payment Pools - Pool amounts pulled in from your compensation plan.
Options - Displays options and the numbers achieved for each. The specific options are pulled in from your compensation plan.
Merchant Totals - Shows a breakdown of payout based on the payment method type. This should equal the Used amount that displays in Payment Pools.
Rank Profiles - Offers a breakdown of the associates being paid at each rank.
Bonus Profiles - This is a grouping of the type of bonus that was paid out, regardless of rank. You can download each bonus profile to compare data.
Commission Details - Allows you to search for specific associates and view the commission amount being paid for the period.
The Payment Pools feature shows a breakdown of the commission payments by bonus.
- Pool – The pool is a breakdown of the bonus types being paid.
- Percent – Displays the percentages for each pool.
- Pool Amount – The pool amount is calculated based on potential payout. If all associates in the organization were qualified to be paid, this is how much it would be.
- Used – Based on qualification status, this is how much will actually be paid out for that commission period.
- % Used – This represents the percentage of money that will actually be used/paid from the pool amount.
- Remaining – The amount remaining equals the pool amount, minus the used amount.
This side panel data is a display of all the qualification options and conditions that have been programmed in the compensation plan. These are the qualifications achieved for the associate to qualify for the bonuses.
This feature shows a breakdown of payout based on payment method type. This should equal the Used amount that displays in Payment Pools.
The rank profiles feature offers a breakdown of the associates being paid at each rank.
- Profile - If you expand the profile name, it will display all associates that are included in the Paid Count and how much they earning.
- Count – Total number of associates at each rank. Clicking the link expands the profile.
- Paid Count – Number of associates that will be paid at that level. Clicking the link also expands the profile.
- Associate Profile - Displays the associate’s name, ID, and the commission earned.
- View Detail- When you select the View Detail button, it will pull up the logic behind the bonus payout in a pop-up window. This is a breakdown of how the system determined that they were eligible for the bonus.
- Details - View the associates that contributed in earning the bonus in a pop-up window.
This is a grouping of the type of bonus that was paid out, regardless of rank. You can download each bonus profile to compare data.
- Profile – If you expand the profile name, it will display all associates that are included in the Paid Count and how much they earning.
- Count – This is the amount of each bonus being paid out. Clicking the link navigates you to a bonus detail page where you can view a breakdown of how much volume the associate had, From what order number it came, to whom it was paid, etc. This is a great resource to do your auditing and follow the trail of all the orders and figure out how everything is getting paid out.
- Download – This downloads a .CSV file. The file contains the associate being paid, the bonus they are earning, and the individuals that contributed to them earning that bonus.
The Commission Details feature allows you to search for specific associates and view the commission amount being paid for the period.
- Search by - Select whether to search by Associate Name or ID, Order Number, or Any Field.
- Search Bar - Search by the selected query type above.
- Associate Profile - Displays the associate’s name, ID, and the commission earned.
- View Detail - When you select the View Detail button, it will pull up the logic behind the bonus payout. This is a breakdown of how the system determined that they were eligible for the bonus.
- Details - View the associates that contributed in earning the bonus.
Creating a New Commission Profile
Click the + New Profile button to open the New Profile pop-up window. Here, you type a Description of your choice and select the compensation plan Template you wish to use. You can select a date the profile will Expire On and the commission Period you want to audit. Then, click the Create Profile button.
The new profile will now show in the Uncommitted Commission Runs list. View the profile by clicking the View button. This takes you the Commission Profile detail page.
Use the tools detailed above to audit the commissions to be paid. When everything checks out, click the Lock Commissions button. The Lock Period pop-up window will display requesting confirmation. Confirm by clicking the Lock button.
The pop-up will close and the Lock Commissions button changes to the Commit Commissions button. The commissions are now locked and can’t be adjusted. The commissions can’t be paid, however, until the commission run has been committed.
In the Commission Profile, click the Commit Commissions button. The Commit Commissions pop-up will open requesting confirmation. Click the Commit button to confirm. The pop-up closes and the commission run will through the data and commit the commissions. The profile is now in the Committed Commission Runs list where it can be viewed by clicking the View button.
To pay out your commissions, navigate to the Payables page.
- 4.3. Reviewing and Adjusting Payables
- 4.6. Using XML to Design a Compensation Plan
- 4.7. Using the Compensation Plan Builder
- How to Create a New Commission Profile
- How to Profile and Commit a Commission Run
- How to View Details for a Commission Profile