What We’ll Cover
- The Item Detail Page
- General Tab
- Data Tab
- Prices and Discounts Tab
- Fast Start Tab
- Options Tab
- Images Tab
- Bill of Material Tab
- Adding an Inventory Item
- Deleting an Inventory Item
- Suggested Reading
The Inventory Items page is the first page you see in the Inventory section of the Corporate Office. On this page, you can setup up all the details and configurations for your products. Correctly configured products appear in the Web Office store and eCommerce Shop, as well as in the Corporate Shop within Corporate Office.
Important: Before you add inventory items, you’ll need to setup categories, see: 2.10. Adding Inventory Categories.
Watch the Video:
In Corporate Office, navigate to: Inventory > Inventory Items.
- Search Bar - Search for an item by entering its SKU, Product, or Category ID.
- New Item - Click this button to navigate to the Item Detail page where you can input all the product’s information.
- Delete - Remove the selected item from the Inventory Items List.
- Filters - Filter the Inventory Items List by Category, Region, Store, Currency, Language, Order Type, and Product Class.
- Inventory Items List - Sorts your configured inventory items in a table that can be filtered with the options above. Select the checkboxes and click the Delete button to remove an item from the system. Click the item’s SKU or Name to navigate to it’s inventory item configuration page.
The Item Detail Page
On the Item Detail page is where you input all the details and specifications for your inventory items.
- Save Changes - The tabs can be navigated between without losing data; however, if you neglect to save changes before navigating to another page, your data will be lost up to the previous save.
- General - Enter your product’s name, description, and specifications, as well as manage translations.
- Data - A host of different fields that provide all the configurations for your product.
- Price and Discounts - Setup a your product’s price and for which stores, regions, languages, and user types the product will appear.
- Fast Start - Setup a commission bonus structure.
- Options - Provide additional options such as multiple flavors or sizes.
- Images - Upload secondary images that will appear along side the main image in the Product Detail page within the different shops.
- Bill of Material - Setup up bundles and kits. This tab can also aid in grouping similar items together to aid in warehouse picking.
There are 4 required configurations for creating an inventory item.
- Product Name
This is where the name and description of the item is defined, as well as where you manage translations.
Language dropdown - Select the language for the inventory item.
Product Name (Required) - Type the item’s name.
Description - TinyMCE text editor where you type the item’s description. Features the ability to format text/colors and add media (images, video, etc), as well as HTML code.
Specifications - TinyMCE text editor where you type the item’s specifications.
In the Web Office, Description and Specifications show up as one block of text. Whereas, in the eCommerce Shop, they show up in two different sections. In the Corporate Shop, the description will display under the Description tab and the specifications under the Benefits tab.
This is where all the specifications and data of the item are defined. Not all available fields are required or applicable to all items. If a field does not apply to your inventory item, then you can leave it blank.
- SKU (Required) - Type the Stock Keeping Unit for an item. This is a unique identifier that is sent to the logistic and tax providers when doing calculation.
- Category (Required) - Dropdown to select the inventory item’s category. Categories display in the sidebar in the Corporate Shop and eCommerce Shop, and as tabular navigation in the Web Office. For more information, see: 2.10. Adding Inventory Categories.
- UPC - Type the Universal Product Code for an item.
- Image - Upload and select an item’s main image. (Recommended size: 500x500 px)
- Select Image - The Select Image Pop-up Window opens. Select from the available images, or click the Upload button to select an image from your computer.
- Clear Image - Removes the selected image.
- MPN - Enter the Manufacturer Part Number for an item.
- Kit Level - Type the Kit Level for the inventory item. Items with the same Kit Level will be bundled in an order.
- HS Code - Type the Harmonized Tariff Commodity Code for an item.
- Dimensions (L x W x H) - Type the length, width, and height of the item. Required if the item is to be shipped.
- Tax Class - Select a tax class for the item. Since each tax class has a different tax rate, it’s important to choose an accurate tax class.
- Length Class - Select the unit of measurement for the length.
- Product Class - Select whether the item is a standard item or raw material.
- Weight - Type the weight of the item. Weight must be added if shipping cost is based per pound or based on a table.
- Package Group - Select the package group.
- Weight Class - Select the unit of measurement for the weight. Required if you have entered a weight.
- Out Of Stock Status - Select the status shown to the customer when an item is out of stock.
- In Stock
- 2-3 days (if the product will be available soon)
- Out of Stock
- Pre-order (if it is a future product)
- Unit Of Measure - Assign a unit of measurement to the item itself (e.g. an item sold in bulk by the pound).
- Requires Shipping - Select whether or not the item is shipped.
- Status - Has no current functionality.
- CA Prop 65 Fields - Assign whether an item is meeting the compliance requirements for California Proposition 65.
- Sort Order - Type a number to sort the order the item appears in the Corporate Shop.
- When viewing the inventory list in Corporate Office: items sort from smallest to largest, with 0 being the smallest number (0 is set by default on all new items). We suggest using groups, such as 0s, 5s, 10s, etc. in order to leave space for other items you may want to appear in the gaps.
- When viewing in a eCommerce Admin or Web Office Admin: Sort order is applied per category. Category order follows the order on the Inventory > Categories page.
Prices and Discounts Tab
This tab is where you set prices, order types, stores, and regions.
- Price and Discounts List - Lists all your price adjustments sorted in a table.
- Edit and Remove - Edit the price adjustment. Opens the Price and Discounts pop-up window where you can edit the fields. Click the Remove button to delete the price adjustment.
- Volume Split - Click the checkboxes to reveal the parameters to split either CV or QV volumes.
- Percentage - Enter the percentage initially split at the time of purchase for the period.
- Frequency - Select the frequency type from the dropdown and enter the frequency amount in the field.
- Add Price Adjustment - The Add Price Adjustment button will open up the Price and Discounts pop-up window.
The Price and Discounts Pop-up Window
Display As - select whether an item is discounted or at regular price. The Discount option will override any price options you have set up for applicable Stores, Price Groups, Order Types, and Regions.
Price - Type the standard sales price for the item.
Currency (USD by default) - select an available currency type. For information on Currencies see: 7.6. Managing Currency.
CV Amount - Type the Commissionable Volume for the item.
QV Amount - Type the the Qualifying Volume for the item.
Bonus Paid - Type the bonus to be paid for the item.
Reward Points - Assign reward points to the item.
Note: The CV, QV, Bonus Paid, and Reward Points fields are only applicable to compensation plans that allow for them. If programmed, enter applicable volume in the fields; otherwise, leave blank.
Stores - Assign for which stores this item will appear. Stores are managed in Inventory > Manage Stores. The item will only show if the category selected on the Data tab is configured with a matching store.
- Corporate – This item will not show in enrollment, but will be available for placing a New Corporate Order through an Associate Summary.
- Wholesale – This item will show in enrollment and in the Web Office for associates.
- Retail – This item will show in enrollment and the eCommerce Shop for customers, both Preferred and Retail.
- Enroll – This item will show Kits available only during enrollment.
- AutoShip – This item will be available for autoShip in enrollment and the Web Office.
- Rewards – The Rewards store is in place for future development where points will be used to make purchase. Not yet an available feature.
- Party – The Party store is used by companies who use a party plan. Please contact your DirectScale Account Manager for more information.
- NFR – The NFR (Not For Resale) store is in place for future development where item and purchase limitations are in place due to government regulations on NFR companies.
Price Group - Determine which associate type will see this item. Price Groups (also known as Associate Types) are determined by your business plan/nomenclature.
Order Type - Determine the order type assignment of the item.
Order Types Definitions
- Standard – items that will be in the Corporate, Wholesale, or Retail stores.
- AutoShip – items that will appear in the AutoShip store.
- Enrollment - items that will be in the Enrollment store.
Regions - Assign the item to a region, allowing it to be sold in that area. Associates must be in the selected region to see this item (determined by the Associate’s address).
Begin Date and End Date Fields - Adjust the date and time parameters to your preference for the price discount. If you want the discount to be left active for an indefinite amount of time, you don’t need to make any changes to the default parameters.
This feature is particularly useful when a price or item is promotional or seasonal. By setting parameters, the price adjustment on the product will not appear in configured stores outside of these dates and times.
Since multiple price adjustments can be set, you could set a promotional price for one associate type or region, while also leaving the price discount availability indefinite for another associate type or region.
Entering an end time of 12:00 a.m. means the discount will end at the beginning of the day of the assigned end date, not the end. To end a discount at the end of the day make sure the end time is set to 11:59 p.m. on the end date.
Close - Close the pop-up without saving. You can also click the X icon in the top right corner, or press the Esc key on your keyboard.
Set Price - Add the price adjustment configuration.
Fast Start Tab
The Fast Start tab includes bonus options that can be used in your compensation plan to pay a bonus on an item. Configuration and directions on how this area is used is specific to your company. Please contact your DirectScale account manager for more information on Fast Start options.
The Options tab is an advanced section for additional options such as size & color or to build pack options for the SKU.
- Option Configuration - View the added option.
- Edit and Remove - Click the Edit button to re-open the Add Option pop-up window to change any configurations. Click the Remove button to delete the options.
- Add Option - Opens up the Add Option pop-up window.
- Change - Add an image to the first active option in the Options List. Opens the Select Image pop-up window.
- Options List - Sorts the options in a table. View the ItemIDs. Click the individual Change buttons to add an image for each option.
The Add Option Pop-up Window
- Name - Type the new option a name. This name is displayed as a category in the shopping cart.
- Options - Allows you to add an additional option to the item. (ex. Sm/Med/Lrg).
- SKU Extension - Allows you to set the item’s SKU for the additional option on the corresponding row.
- Add Row - Adds another row to both the Option and SKU Extension text fields.
- Close - Close the option configuration without saving.
- Save - Save the option configuration. The ItemIDs to be auto-populated and recorded in the database.
The Images tab can be used to upload additional images that appear on the Product Detail page in the stores.
- Add Image Preview - Displays the added image.
- Remove - Click the Remove button to delete the image.
- Add Image - The Add Image button opens the Select Image pop-up window.
The Select Image Pop-up Window
The Select Image pop-up window is the standard way in which you will upload images in the Corporate Office.
- Uploaded Images - View all the uploaded images.
- Image Preview - Select an image to view a large preview on the right.
- Upload - Select a new image for the item from your computer. The image will be added to the Uploaded Images area.
- Cancel - Close the pop-up.
- Select Image - Adds the selected image to the item.
Bill of Material Tab
Used to build a “Pack” SKU composed of individual SKUs. The Bill of Material tab helps with tracking individual item stock levels and creating pick slips for warehouses.
- Has Kit Groups - Bundle the items in a kit.
- Added Line Items List - Sorts your added SKUs in a table.
- Edit and Delete - Click the Edit button to open a pop-up where you can edit the SKU and Quantity selection.
- Add Line Item - Opens the Add Line Item pop-up window.
The Add Line Item Pop-up Window
- Item - Select the item name. The item selected will have its SKUs adjusted. The item must already exist in the inventory to be selected.
- Qty - Adjust the SKU’s quantity.
- Close - Close the pop-up.
- Save changes - Add the item to the bundle.
Adding an Inventory Item
Step-by-step guide: How to Add a New Inventory Item
Deleting an Inventory Item
Step-by-step guide: How to Delete an Inventory Item in Corporate Office
- 2.10. Adding Inventory Categories
- TinyMCE text editor
- 7.6. Managing Currency
- 2.11. Managing Stores
- How to Add a New Inventory Item
- How to Delete an Inventory Item in Corporate Office