What We’ll Cover
- Editing Text Values
- Adding a String Key
- Exporting Translations
- Importing Translations
- Suggested Reading
The Localization page provides the opportunity for you to have control over Web Office text changes and language translations. The Web Office features static and dynamic content. Although most elements that can be customized using the appropriate Web Office Admin page, some elements are “hard-coded” into the HTML and are therefore static.
For example: In the Web Office, the widget header “Business Snapshot” text is static.
You can use the search bar and search “Business Snapshot” in the Localization page to find and edit the string.
The Localization page gives you this power to change any static content “string”. You can use the page to find all instances of the static content string and change them to whatever you want.
When new text is added to the Web Office Admin, it gets added to the internal strings system where it can be translated to the various market/language combinations you have enabled.
This page also features the ability to export a .CSV file (that can be opened in any spreadsheet program, such as Excel or Google Sheets) and modify the translations in bulk. Translations are displayed in the Web Office based on the value entered in the string or in the exported .CSV. If there is no value entered for the market/language, it will default to the next available value.
In eCommerce Admin, navigate to: Content Management > Localization.
- Search Bar - Search for static text content. Press Enter on your keyboard to initiate the search. The results will display in the Localization List.
- IMPORT/EXPORT - Reveals two options:
- Import Translations - Import an edited .CSV file.
- Export Translations - Export a .CSV file that you can add your translations to in bulk.
- + ADD NEW - Click to add a new string.
- Type Filter - Filter the Localization List by type.
- Localization List - Displays the values that can be changed based on the search query.
- Edit String - Click the icon or double click the list entry to open the Edit String pop-up window.
Editing Text Values
To change or add translations to a text value, simply enter the text into the Search Bar and press Enter on your keyboard.
The possible options will display in the Localization List. Click the Edit icon to open a pop-up where you can enter your new Text Value and/or Translations.
Step-by-step guide: How to Change Static Text in Web Office Admin
Adding a String Key
If you need to add a string key, then you can do so by clicking the + ADD NEW button to open the New String pop-up window
Step-by-step guide: How to Add a Localization String in Web Office Admin
Exporting translations provides you with a spreadsheet file (.CSV) that contains all the translated Web Office text. You fill out the spreadsheet with your values and import it back into the system.
Step-by-step guide: How to Export Translations in Web Office Admin
Importing translations allows you to upload all of the translations that were entered into the export document.
Step-by-step guide: How to Import Translations into Web Office Admin
- How to Change Static Text in Web Office Admin
- How to Add a Localization String in Web Office Admin
- How to Export Translations in Web Office Admin
- How to Import Translations into Web Office Admin