What We’ll Cover
- Creating a New User
- Creating a New Role
- Assigning a Role to a User
- Suggested Reading
The User and Roles page is where administrators can manage users for the Web Office Admin and assign which areas they will be permitted to view and edit.
In Web Office Admin, navigate to: Administration > Users and Roles.
- Filter - Choose a role from the dropdown to filter the user list.
- Search Bar - Search for a user by entering their Username or Role.
- User and Role Tabs - Changes whether the User or Role Section is being displayed on the page.
- User List - Displays the users and sorts the search results from the Filter Dropdown and Search Bar.
- Edit User - Opens the Edit User pop-up.
Edit User Pop-up Window
This pop-up allows changes to a user’s role assignment or edits of any user information.
- Role Assignment Dropdown - Assigns a role to a user, giving them the permissions access that the role permits.
- Name - Edit a user’s name in this field.
- Username Section - Edit a user’s username in this field.
- Delete - This button deletes a user from the User List, this will not remove them from the Corporate Office. To remove their access to all systems, you must delete them in the Corporate Office.
- Roles List - Displays the roles and sorts the search results from the Search Bar.
- Add Role - Opens the Add Role pop-up.
- Edit Role - Opens the Edit Role pop-up. Click the Trash icon in the pop-up to delete the role.
Add Role Pop-up Window
This pop-up is to creates roles to be assigned to a user.
- Roles Name - Add a name for the new role in this field.
- Role Description - For further clarity add more in depth information about the new role in this field.
- View and Edit - These checkboxes correlate with the permissions access the new role will give. Selecting View will allow the user to view the page, but not the ability to edit and selecting Edit will give the user access to view and edit the page.
Creating a New User
The process to create new users in the Web Office Admin begins in the Corporate Office. Click on the Employees tab to navigate to the Employees page. Click the + New Employee button to add a new user, this will open the New Employee pop-up. Enter the required information and click Save Changes.
Step-by-step guide: How to Add a New Employee
Once those steps have been completed the new user created in the Corporate Office will not appear with the Web Office Admin Users until they log-in to the Web Office Admin with their credentials established in the Corporate Office. When they do enter, the default role given to them will be Standard User. By default this role doesn’t have any permissions enabled. Administrators can manage these permissions and move users to different roles.
Creating a New Role
Administrators can create roles within the Web Office Admin and manage user permissions to use or view certain tools. These roles can then be assigned to individual users.
Step-by-step guide: How to Create a New Role in the Web Office Admin
Assigning a Role to a User
Step-by-step guide: How to Assign a Role to a User in Web Office Admin
- Managing Corporate Employees
- Assigning Employee Permission Roles
- How to Add a New Employee
- How to Create a New Role in the Web Office Admin
- How to Assign a Role to a User in Web Office Admin