The eCommerce Shop, like all websites, features static and dynamic content. Although most elements that can be customized using the appropriate eCommerce Admin page, some elements are “hard-coded” into the HTML and are therefore static.
For example: On the eCommerce Shop, “Shop All Products” is static, but a product’s title is pulled in from Corporate Office > Inventory Items page configuration. Should you want to change a product category, you simply edit the configuration in the Corporate Office.
But, what if you want to change something that is static content? The Localization page gives you this power to change any static content “string”. You can use the page to find all instances of the static content string and change them to whatever you want.
What We’ll Cover
You can also use this page to translate for different languages that you have configured in the Corporate Office.
Finding the Page
In eCommerce Admin, navigate to: Content Management > Localization.
- Search Bar - Search for static text content. Press Enter on your keyboard to initiate the search. The results will display in the Localization List.
- Environment - Displays the environment. Currently the only option is Retail.
- CLEAR CACHE - Click to clear the cache. The changes will not be viewable until the cache has been cleared.
- + ADD NEW - Click to add a new string.
- Type Filter - Filter the Localization List by type.
- Localization List - Displays the values that can be changed based on the search query.
- Edit String - Click the icon or double click the list entry to open the Edit String pop-up window.
Adding a Localization String
If you create a custom page, you can add a string key value in the translate tag.
<p translate = "key_name"></p>
This allows you to manage static content and translations for your custom pages.
Then you add the string value in the Localization page.
Step-by-step guide: How to Add a Localization String in eCommerce Admin
Changing a String
Step-by-step guide: How to Change Static Text with eCommerce Admin