This is Part 1 of the Initial Setup Guide:
- Part 0: Introduction
- Part 1:Setting Up Your Company Domain, Webalias and Details
- Part 2: Setting Up Users and Roles
- Part 3: Adding Branding
- Part 4: Adding Inventory Items and Pricing
- Part 5: Adding Warehouses and Shipping Methods
- Part 6: Using the Test Merchant
- Part 7: Placing Orders
- Part 8: Using the Offline Payment Method
- Part 9: Adding Integrations
- Part 10: Managing Orders
- Part 11: Editing and Testing Order Confirmation Email Templates
- Part 12: Managing Associates
Under Check Your Progress for each section, you check each box next to the task in order to keep track of your progress. If you would like to download the full checklist, click the Download Attachment link above.
Important: If you have any questions or need assistance with any of the steps, contact Customer Care.
What We’ll Cover
- Setting Up a Custom Domain, SSL Certificate, and CNAMES
- Setting Up Default Webalias and Domain Redirect
- Setting Up Company Details
- Check Your Progress
Setting Up a Custom Domain, SSL Certificate, and CNAMES
In the process of setting up your system, one of the first things you’ll need to do is purchase a domain, a SSL certificate, and setup CNAMES.
Setting Up Default Webalias and Domain Redirect
Step-by-step guide: How to Setup a Default Webalias
Redirecting Your Corporate Site to the eCommerce Shop
If you want to use your eCommerce Shop as your main corporate site (i.e.,
www.yourcompanyname.com) than you can do so by following a few simple steps:
- Follow the Setup your default webalias guide.
- Click the Help button in the bottom right of the Help Center or admin site to Contact Customer Care to request the redirect.
- Our DevOps team will work with you to setup up the redirect.
Now, when a customer types your custom domain (i.e.,
www.corporate.com), they’ll be redirected to your eCommerce Shop under your default webalias (
Setting Up Company Details
Entering Business Information in Corporate Office
The navigation bar across the top links to the different sections of the admin.
Click the Administration tab to navigate to the Administration section where you can edit the admin configurations. The first page you will see is the Business Information (or Admin Dashboard in the left sidebar).
Read more: 7.1. Editing Business Information
Step-by-step guide: How to Edit Business Information in Corporate Office
Entering Company Details in Web Office Admin
Open the Web Office Admin. You’ll land on the Navigation page where you can setup the Web Office sidebar navigation; we’ll cover that in another guide.
Step-by-step guide: How to Edit Company Details in Web Office Admin
Entering Company Details in eCommerce Admin
Open the eCommerce Admin. Once you login, you’ll again land on the Navigation page where you setup up your eCommerce Shop navigation.
Step-by-step guide: How to Edit Company Details in eCommerce Admin
Check Your Progress
Setup a Custom Domain, SSL Certificate, and CNAMES.
Setup Default Webalias.
Added or edited Business Information in Corporate Office.
Added or edited Company Details in Web Office Admin.
Added or edited Company Details in eCommerce Admin.
Great job! You have successfully setup your company details, but what’s a company without employees? Continue on to the next section to add your employees and setup administrative permissions.