This is Part 6 of the Initial Setup Guide:
- Part 0: Introduction
- Part 1: Setting Up Your Company Domain, Webalias and Details
- Part 2: Setting Up Users and Roles
- Part 3: Adding Branding
- Part 4: Adding Inventory Items and Pricing
- Part 5: Adding Warehouses and Shipping Methods
- Part 6: Using the Test Merchant
- Part 7: Placing Orders
- Part 8: Using the Offline Payment Method
- Part 9: Adding Integrations
- Part 10: Managing Orders
- Part 11: Editing and Testing Order Confirmation Email Templates
- Part 12: Managing Associates
Under Check Your Progress for each section, you check each box next to the task in order to keep track of your progress. If you would like to download the full checklist, click the Download Attachment link above.
Important: If you have any questions or need assistance with any of the steps, contact Customer Care.
What We’ll Cover
Using the Test Merchant
The Test Merchant allows you to create test orders and simulate and test every step in the order process. On the Payment Methods page, you should see Test Merchant (USD) in the Merchant column. If not, then you can easily add it.
Step-by-step guide: How to Add the Test Merchant Payment Method in Corporate Office
The Test Merchant can create different order payment responses based on the last four digits of the card number you enter as a Payment Method in an order’s Checkout page.
- 1111 = Accepted
- 2222 = Payment Pending
- 3333 = Rejected
- 4444 = Fraud Rejected
- 5555 - Pending Fraud Review
- 6666 = Pending Precheck
- 7777 = Redirect
- 8888 = Not Provided
- Any other numbers = Success
Adding a Testing Associate
On the Find Associate page, either search for your test associate (in most cases it’s Sam Space) or add a new test associate, if necessary.
Read more: 1.2. Adding an Associate
Step-by-step guide: How to Create a New Associate
Check Your Progress
Setup Test Merchant.
Setup Test Associate.
Awesome! With your Test Merchant setup and applied to your test associate, now you can create a test order.