This is Part 9 of the Initial Setup Guide:
- Part 0: Introduction
- Part 1: Setting Up Your Company Domain, Webalias and Details
- Part 2: Setting Up Users and Roles
- Part 3: Adding Branding
- Part 4: Adding Inventory Items and Pricing
- Part 5: Adding Warehouses and Shipping Methods
- Part 6: Using the Test Merchant
- Part 7: Placing Orders
- Part 8: Using the Offline Payment Method
- Part 9: Adding Integrations
- Part 10: Managing Orders
- Part 11: Editing and Testing Order Confirmation Email Templates
- Part 12: Managing Associates
Under Check Your Progress for each section, you check each box next to the task in order to keep track of your progress. If you would like to download the full checklist, click the Download Attachment link above.
Important: If you have any questions or need assistance with any of the steps, contact Customer Care.
Corporate Office integrates with third-party providers to handle payment processing, tax rate calculations, and third-party shipping logistics.
Integrating with the system requires account and API credentials, so before you start you’ll need to setup accounts with your providers of choice. Then add your credentials to Corporate Office.
What We’ll Cover
- Adding Money-In Credentials
- Adding Tax Provider Credentials
- Adding Third-Party Logistics Provider (3PL) Credentials
- Setting Up Additional Payment Methods
- Check Your Progress
Adding Money-In Credentials
In order to receive payments for order and pay out commissions with the system, you’ll need to integrate with a payment provider for money-in.
Step-by-step guide: How to Add Money-In Payment Providers to Corporate Office
The following is some information about specific integrations:
To integration with Stripe you need the Secret API Key and the Public API Key.
- The test API keys have
_test_and the live ones have
- You can’t use the same user account to test both test and live API keys.
- When testing with test API keys you must use specific Stripe test Credit Card numbers, see: https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards.
You can login at https://secure.metricsglobalgateway.com with the API credentials to see transaction details.
New Hyperwallet accounts aren’t provisioned until commissions are processed. If no account number exists for the associate, we provision a new account with their Back Office ID, and Hyperwallet sends an email to the user to login and finish setting up their new account. If an account already exists for that ID, it skips that step and processes the payment with Hyperwallet.
Is this a card-only account or portal account?
If your HyperWallet account is card-only, then there will need to be custom development done to request a card in addition to the provision account API request. Contact support for more details.
- They need to whitelist DirectScale’s IP Address.
- Contact PayQuicker to set up a merchant account.
- Acquire the necessary credentials and information (should be provided when your account has been created.). This should include:
- IdP Url
- API Client ID
- API Client Secret
- Funding Account Public ID
- Base API Url
Adding Tax Provider Credentials
Integrating involves entering credentials given to you by your tax services provider and adding their specific tax codes.
In the Corporate Office, on the Tax Providers page, you will see credential forms for a variety of providers.
If your provider of choice isn’t available, you may need custom development. Contact your professional service provider for assistance.
Step-by-step guide: How to Add Tax Providers to Corporate Office
Tax Error Behavior
While entering your credentials you can also select how the system handles when the tax provider either does not respond or encounters a critical error.
In the Tax Error Behavior section, click the dropdown to reveal three options:
Display Tax Error - Displays an error if the tax service is down.
No Tax Collected - The tax rate will display as zero and no tax will be collected for the order.
Note: Since no taxes are collected from the customer, you’ll be liable for the tax revenue.
DirectScale Backup Tax Service - The tax rate will be calculated by taking the customer’s zip code and estimating the tax rate.
- If this option is chosen, you’ll need to enter the URL (https://salestax.directscale.com/api/SalesTax) in the DirectScale Tax Service section.
Fallback Tax Reconciliation Report
When a tax service goes down, every sale that doesn’t collect tax is recorded in a report.
To find the report navigate to the Reports section. In the Sales Reports page, Under Payments and Tax Reports, click the Fallback Tax Reconciliation report.
Note: The Fallback Tax Reconciliation report may be downloaded, configured, and uploaded manually to record missing transactions in your tax provider of choice.
Now that your tax provider is set up, check your inventory items and make sure they have the correct Tax Class selected.
Adding Third-Party Logistics Provider (3PL) Credentials
In Corporate Office:
1. Click the Administration tab and then click the Advanced Settings tab.
2. Under the 3PL tab, in the 3PL Provider section, select from the list of integrated 3PLs.
3. Scroll to the select 3PL’s section and enter the provided credentials.
4. Click Save Changes.
Read more: GenericFTP Implementation Guide
Once you’ve integrated with a 3PL, you can edit your warehouses to connect to your 3PL.
Add 3PL to a Warehouse:
1. Click the Inventory tab and then click the Warehouses tab.
2. On the Warehouses page, click the Edit button.
3. Click the Logistics Provider (3PL) dropdown and select your integrated 3PL.
4. Scroll down to the bottom and click Edit to edit the shipping method.
5. In the pop-up, in the 3PL Code field, enter your code provided by your 3PL (e.g., RTE:CST 01,03).
Setting Up Additional Payment Methods
Now that you are integrated with a payment provider, you’ll need to add you payment maps to configure for which stores your payment providers will be used.
Read More: 7.2. Creating Payment Maps
Step-by-step guide: How to Add a New Payment Map
Your payment methods will now show up in the Checkout pages of the various stores (e.g., the Corporate Shop, eCommerce Shop, and Web Office store).
Check Your Progress
Added Money In/Out Credentials.
Added Tax Provider Credentials.
Added Third-Party Logistics Provider (3PL) Credentials.
Set Up Additional Payment Methods.
Congratulations! Your system is ready for business, but to effectively run your business, you’ll need to know how to manage your orders.