11 steps to complete
Business Snapshot is a widget that provides associates with a quick view of their most important statistics. These statistics are representations of certain data points in the system. You can reference information available on the associate pertaining to their personal information, rank, volume, tree, etc. Once configured, each data point statistic displays as a tile in the Home > Business Snapshot widget in the Web Office.
This guide will show you the steps involved in adding metrics to the Business Snapshot widget.
In Web Office Admin, navigate to: Web Office Configuration > Business Snapshot.
Make sure the METRICS tab is selected. Then, click the + ADD METRIC button.
The Add Data Point pop-up window opens.
In the pop-up, click the Data Point dropdown, and select the data point you want to display in the widget.
Note: If the chosen data point has a period constraint, then the Time Frame fields will reveal.
Optionally, click the Tab dropdown to select the tab under which the metric will appear in the widget.
Note: This option will only display if there are multiple tabs available.
Step-by-step guide: How to Add a Tab to the Web Office Business Snapshot Widget
If the Time Frame fields are visible, then click the EDIT button to select either Months or Weeks in the Time frame in dropdown.
Next, select either Current, Last, or ___ months/weeks ago.
Click the Display Type dropdown, and select in what format the data will display.
If you, for example, chose the Commission Active data point (which is either active or inactive), and then selected a Number (0 decimals) display type, then the tile will display either a 1 or 0 (the numerical representation of true/false). Boolean would be a more appropriate choice.
If an inappropriate display type is chosen, then the tile will just display the data point’s value. For most data points, this will appear just fine in the tile. If you don’t like how a data point displays, then try a different display types until one works for you.
- Boolean - True or false. If the associate meets the criteria, then a check mark will display in the widget tile. If not, then an X displays.
- Date - If a date data point was selected, then using this type will display the date format setup in your system.
- Number (0 decimals) - Displays numerical data with no decimals (0).
- Number (1 decimal) - Displays numerical data with one decimal point (0.0).
- Number (2 decimals) - Displays numerical data with two decimal points (0.00).
- Custom - For more information, see: Custom String Format.
- Value to text… - This type allows you to replace what the data point displays by default with your own text value. This works best with ranks or statuses. For example, with ranks, the system will display a 1, 2, 3, etc. In the Metrics Value field, you can enter the value the system sends and then, in the Display Values field, you can enter what you want to display in the tile.
For example: Commission Active displays either 1 or 0 by default. You can change each to Yes or No or any other Display Value that you want.
Enter the Display Name that will appear under the data in the widget tile.
Enter a description of the metric’s purpose in the Description TinyMCE Text Editor.
Click the Published toggle on to publish the metric now after you save the configuration.
Alternatively, you can publish the metric from the Metrics List by clicking the Publish icon.
The rest of the settings are Multi-Faceted Configuration (MFC).
Enter your specific configurations on who can view the metric.
Step-by-step guide: How to Configure a Page Element in Web Office Admin with MFC
When finished, click SAVE.
The metric will display as a tile under its tab in the Business Snapshot widget in the Web Office.
In Web Office Admin, click the Edit icon to edit the configuration.
You now know how to add metrics to the Business Snapshot widget with Web Office Admin.