This is Part 7 of the eCommerce Shop Setup Guide:
- Part 0: Introduction
- Part 1: Changing Static Content Strings
- Part 2: Modifying Page Templates and Creating Custom Pages
- Part 3: Customizing the Shop’s Header and Navigation
- Part 4: Customizing the Shop’s Footer
- Part 5: Customizing the Homepage
- Part 6: Customizing the Products Page
- Part 7: Customizing the Product Detail Page
- Part 8: Modifying Shopping Carts and AutoShip Rules
- Part 9: Customizing the Checkout Page
- Part 10: Enabling Your Own Custom Enrollment Form
- Part 11: Customizing the Login Page
- Part 12: Creating LoginEvents
- Part 14: Using Multi-Faceted Configuration
Under Check Your Progress for each section, you check each box next to the task in order to keep track of your progress. If you would like to download the full checklist, click the Download Attachment link above.
Important: If you have any questions or need assistance with any of the steps, contact Customer Care.
What We’ll Cover
- Customizing the Product Detail Page
- Check Your Progress
Customizing the Product Detail Page
The Product Detail page displays the information entered in the Corporate Office inventory setup.
Below are a couple elements you can customize in the shop’s Product Detail page. This involves turning toggles on or off to your preference. You accomplish this in the Settings page. This page contains a host of different toggles that enable/disable specific features.
Social Links Toggle
Enabled: Shows the Share This: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest icons under the product image.
Disabled: Hides the share icons.
AutoShip Description String
For products with autoShip enabled, there will be an expandable autoShip description under the Product Details section. To add the autoShip description, you’ll need to add a string to the system and enter you description in the Text Value field.
Step-by-step guide: How to Add a Localization String in eCommerce Admin
To modify the label text:
Check Your Progress
Enabled/Disabled Social Share Links.
Customized AutoShip Description.
Nice! Next, we need to customized shopping carts settings and autoShip rules.