This is Part 8 of the eCommerce Shop Setup Guide:
- Part 0: Introduction
- Part 1: Changing Static Content Strings
- Part 2: Modifying Page Templates and Creating Custom Pages
- Part 3: Customizing the Shop’s Header and Navigation
- Part 4: Customizing the Shop’s Footer
- Part 5: Customizing the Homepage
- Part 6: Customizing the Products Page
- Part 7: Customizing the Product Detail Page
- Part 8: Modifying Shopping Carts and AutoShip Rules
- Part 9: Customizing the Checkout Page
- Part 10: Enabling Your Own Custom Enrollment Form
- Part 11: Customizing the Login Page
- Part 12: Creating LoginEvents
- Part 14: Using Multi-Faceted Configuration
Under Check Your Progress for each section, you check each box next to the task in order to keep track of your progress. If you would like to download the full checklist, click the Download Attachment link above.
Important: If you have any questions or need assistance with any of the steps, contact Customer Care.
What We’ll Cover
Shopping and AutoOrder Cart Settings
The Shopping Carts page, under Company Setting, is where you configure each shopping cart for different stores.
In eCommerce Admin, navigate to: Company Setting > Shopping Carts.
Generally, you don’t need to make any changes to the out-of-the-box setup; but, if you need to make adjustments, contact Customer Care to help guide you through the proper setup.
You will find it useful; however, to enable/disable the following toggles for each cart:
- Restrict to Warehouse
- Allow Split Payments
- Show Products Weight
- Allow Coupons
To modify carts:
1. Expand either the Shopping Carts or AutoOrder Carts section.
2. Hover over a cart configuration and click the Edit icon. The Edit Cart Details pop-up window opens.
3. At the bottom of the cart are the four toggle. Click each to enable/disable the settings based on your specific needs.
4. Click UPDATE.
5. Repeat for each cart, as necessary.
With the Autoship Date page, under Company Setting, you can customize the rules for which day your customers and associates can select for their monthly recurring autoShip.
The rules that you can select are:
- This rule will allow the customer to select any DATE
- This rule will allow the customer to select any remaining DATE from current month
- This rule will allow the customer to select any remaining DATE from current month or next month
- This rule will not allow the customer to edit DATE
You can create an autoShip rule for each customer type and the rules are applied to each Autoship Paid, Autoship Not Paid, and New Autoship.
Also, you can select any restricted days of the month that you would want to disallow autoShips using the Restricted Days dropdown for each of the above.
Step-by-step guide: How To Add AutoShip Rules For Your eCommerce Shop
In eCommerce Admin, navigate to Company Setting > Autoship Date.
Check Your Progress
Customized Shopping Carts and AutoOrder Carts Settings.
Customized AutoShip Rules.
Great job! In the next section, we’re going to customized another key component to any eCommerce Shop: the Checkout page.