This is Part 14 of the eCommerce Shop Setup Guide:
- Part 0: Introduction
- Part 1: Changing Static Content Strings
- Part 2: Modifying Page Templates and Creating Custom Pages
- Part 3: Customizing the Shop’s Header and Navigation
- Part 4: Customizing the Shop’s Footer
- Part 5: Customizing the Homepage
- Part 6: Customizing the Products Page
- Part 7: Customizing the Product Detail Page
- Part 8: Modifying Shopping Carts and AutoShip Rules
- Part 9: Customizing the Checkout Page
- Part 10: Enabling Your Own Custom Enrollment Form
- Part 11: Customizing the Login Page
- Part 12: Creating LoginEvents
- Part 14: Using Multi-Faceted Configuration
Under Check Your Progress for each section, you check each box next to the task in order to keep track of your progress. If you would like to download the full checklist, click the Download Attachment link above.
Important: If you have any questions or need assistance with any of the steps, contact Customer Care.
What We’ll Cover
Using Multi-Faceted Configuration
Multi-Faceted Configuration (MFC) is a set of parameters that allow you to control who is able to see a specific page element (e.g., a banner, navigation link, a widget, etc.) in an eCommerce Shop.
MFC for eCommerce Admin features three different configuration types based on the type of user:
- Owner - Configure what an associate sees on their eCommerce Shop. For example: you could have pages only for associates that their downline or customers can’t see.
- Viewer - A user that shops in an associate’s shop that doesn’t have or is not logged-in to an account. You can only configure elements to show based on their country and language.
- LoggedIn User- A user that is logged-in to an associate’s shop. You can have elements show up when they login that a non-logged-in user can’t see.
MFC is found in many different spots within eCommerce Admin. Commonly, the settings can be found with the Add New (or similar) buttons at the top right of a page (e.g., the + ADD SOCIAL LINK button in the Social Links Share page).
Step-by-step guide: How to Configure a Page Element in Retail Admin with MFC
Check Your Progress
Learned About Multi-Faceted Configuration.
You did it!
You’ve successfully completed the eCommerce Shop setup guide. This guide covered a lot of the customizations, but there is so much more that you could do. We hope that this guide, you now have the tools necessary to make the eCommerce Shop the best it can be for your business and enable your associates to succeed.