13 steps to complete
The Custom Notifications page is where you to customize the content and triggers of your business notifications.
Read more: 2.11. Customizing Business Notifications
A notification rule is the set of criteria the system uses to trigger a notification.
In Web Office Admin, navigate to: Web Office Configuration > Custom Notifications.
Click the + button in the bottom right corner.
The Add Notification Rule pop-up window opens.
Click the Allow Multiple Country And Customer Type toggle to enable/disable.
When creating a new notification, the default allows for setting up one notification for a country and customer type.
Clicking the toggle on let’s you select multiple Customer Types and countries in the Actor Filters section.
For example: Setting up new enrollment notifications for distributors, retail customers, and preferred customers. This feature will create a new rule for each customer type at one time, rather than manually creating a rule for each.
Select a Notification Type.
There are currently five notification types:
- Enrollment - Set up notifications about individuals enrolling in associates’ downlines.
- Rank Advancement - Set up notifications about individuals in associates’ downlines that have rank advanced.
- Order - Set up notifications about individuals in associates’ downlines that have placed orders.
- Prospect - Set up notifications about new prospects in associates’ downline.
- Community - Set up notifications when individuals comment on associates’ posts in the Community section.
Enter a Rule Name.
This is the title of the rule being set up that will display to an associate in the Web Office > Settings > Communication page.
Under Actor Filters, select the filters that determine who will trigger the notification.
- Select a Customer Type (or multiple if the Allow Multiple Country And Customer Type toggle is enabled ).
- Select one or more Customer Statuses.
- Select a Country (or multiple if the Allow Multiple Country And Customer Type toggle is enabled ).
- Select any Ranks (Rank Advancement notification type only).
Under Recipient Filters, select the customer statuses and from which upline tree the notification will be sent.
- Select one or more Recipient Customer Statuses.
- Select Upline Tree.
Under User Preference Defaults, click each checkbox to set the default in the Web Office for how the associate receives the notification.
Back Office – The associate will receive a notification via their Web Office.
Text – The associate will receive a notification via text message to the mobile phone number on file.
Email – The associate will receive a notification via email to the email address on file.
Click the Downline Levels dropdown to set the default for how many levels deep the associate will receive notifications.
Click the Personally Enrolled checkbox for the associate to receive a notification for anyone they have personally enrolled.
Under Prevent Users from Modifying Default, click each toggle under each to disallow the associate from opting out of the notification delivery methods in the Web Office > Settings > Communication page.
If this rule is for the Order notification type:
- Select the Order Types (such as Recurring Order if this is a notification specifically for recurring orders).
- Select Order Status (such as Paid if this is a notification for recurring orders that have been paid).
In the Template TinyMCE Text Editor, type the message in to the text box.
Double click the String Keys to to merge in user-specific information, such as Name, Email and ID.
This will also set the templates (office, text, email, etc.) for all notification types.
The templates can be modified for each language/notification type after the rule is saved.
Step-by-step guide: How to Edit Rules Templates for Custom Notifications
Click SAVE when finished.
The rule is now visible in the Rule List.
The rules/configurations can be edited by clicking the Edit icon.
You now know how to add a custom notification rule in Web Office Admin.