In the direct sales industry, associates can earn income through a compensation plan based on their sales results. The Compensation Plan Builder is a simple interface used to enter rank names, qualification volume amounts, and the generation and matching bonus percentages to easily create or edit a monthly compensation plan.
What We’ll Cover
- Enabling the Page
- Finding the Page
- GUI Editor Features
- Generation Bonus
- Matching Bonus Levels
For more details and definitions, see: DirectScale Default Compensation Plan Explained
Enabling the Page
To use this feature you’ll need to enable it in Advanced >Settings > Commission > Compensation Plan > Select the Enable GUI Editor check box.
The EditCompPlan() permission needs to be enabled in order to use this feature.
Read more: Assigning Employee Permission Roles
Finding the Page
In Corporate Office, navigate to: Commissions > Compensation Plan
GUI Editor Features
Edit the fields in each section. The page will autosave when you de-select a field.
Filling out the the UI builder generates a revision named MonthlyUI for a MonthlyUI template. MonthlyUI can only be edited from the table editor, so it is hidden from the XML Editor to avoid confusion.
View XML Source - View the MonthlyUI template’s XML. If you want to edit that XML directly, you can copy the XML code and paste it into the XML Editor as a different template name.
Note: Both the GUI and XML Editors need to be enabled in Administration > Advanced Settings > Commissions for this link to appear.
Qualifications - Rank qualification amounts.
Generation Bonus - Percentage of Commission Volume (CV) from all orders in your generation.
Matching Bonus- Percentage of CV each rank receives of their sponsored associate’s bonus earnings.
- Ranks - Type your own personal ranks.
- Personal Volume - Enter the Qualifying Volume (QV) each rank needs to move up in rank.
- Team Volume - Enter the required QV from all orders in ranks organization to move up in rank. Team volume can also be restricted per leg of your organization with the Max Per Leg.
- Max Per Leg - Enter The maximum amount of volume that can come from one leg in your organization.
- Generation Levels- Enter the bonus percentage of CV each rank receives for each generation.
Matching Bonus Levels
- Generation Levels - Enter the CV percentage each rank receives of their sponsored associate’s bonus earnings.