Subscriptions can be set up anytime you want an inventory item to have an expiration date, like a website subscription or an annual renewal fee. In Corporate Office, you can manage subscriptions enabled by purchasing certain SKUs. These SKUs can automatically generate autoship orders that become recurring subscriptions.
There are three types of subscriptions:
- Item Subscription (autoship)
- Service Subscription (like Amazon Prime, where you can opt-in and out of a subscription, but can still have access to Amazon as a whole)
- Membership Subscription (like Consumer Reports; you can’t use the site at all without a login)
Some DirectScale clients are subscription based; meaning, their products themselves are digital subscriptions. They use subscriptions with an expiration date that’re tied into their system so, if the subscription expires, the associate can no longer log in. This kind of logic requires custom development.
For this guide, we’ll cover the default functionality and set up of a subscription.
- Setting up a subscription SKU.
- Adding subscription data to the Database.
- Testing a subscription order.
- Editing subscriptions