After creating an account with Kount Fraud Prevention, enter your credentials in Corporate Office.
What We’ll Cover
To access the Advanced Settings section, you must have the ViewAdvancedSettings() permission enabled for your Role.
Read more: Assigning Employee Permission Roles
Finding the Page
Important: For testing purposes, add credentials to your Stage environment first (if available).
In Corporate Office, navigate to: Administration > Advanced Settings > Fraud Prevention.
Select Kount from the Fraud Prevention Provider dropdown.
Locate the Kount section.
Select Is Live to activate fraud prevention in your Live environment.
In Merchant ID, enter the provided six-digit identifier.
Enter the API Key.
If no API key associates your account with DirectScale, then you must generate one:
- Log in to the Kount portal.
- Select ADMIN > Api Keys from the top right navigation bar.
- Click the Create API Key button.
- Name the key something like “DirectScale API Key”.
- Ensure to select both RIS and API.
In Session Timeout, add a connection timeout.
This value is in milliseconds.
With the Kount Error Handling dropdown, determine how Kount will react if an error occurs while processing a Fraud Prevention review:
- Set Fraud Review Status to ‘PASS’ - Kount will always allow the reviewed order being to pass.
- Set Fraud Review Status to ‘PASS’ on Session Timeout (Otherwise Display an Error) - Kount will allow the reviewed order to pass on if the session times-out; else, it will display an error.
- Always Display an Error (Never Setting Fraud Status) - Kount will always show an error for the reviewed order.
Click Save Changes.