✨ Available for Business and Premium tiers
With the new Extensions Beta Program, you can now opt-in to have access to your own custom code allowing you to make your own modifications in-house without a DirectScale developer.
All existing functionality should continue to be in place and work as expected; however, you won’t be able to directly edit existing hook implementations in the old Client DLL. You will, instead, be able to implement new hooks and override existing hook implementations using the Client Extension.
Important: The Extensions Beta Program currently runs in tandem with the existing Client DLL.
In addition to the Extensions Beta Program, work is being done to convert all existing hooks from the Client DLL format into the extensions format. This work will be done across all clients on the Platform (such as no client queue necessary).
Over time, more and more existing hook implementations will be converted into extensions and be editable by you. Eventually, the old Client DLL will be retired, as any and all existing hook implementations will have been converted over to the Extension.
To gain access to the Client Extension beta, you’ll need to:
- Create a new or completely empty GitHub Git repository. Currently, GitHub is the only supported platform.
- In the GitHub account, authorize access to the DirectScale GitHub user “DS-Partners”.
- Read how: GitHub: Inviting Collaborators to a Personal Repository
- If you have an organization GitHub account, then you have more control over what permissions you grant DirectScale: GitHub: Permission Levels for an Organization
- Our DevOps team will set up the deployment pipeline.
- A “default” copy of the extension template will then be deployed to your repository. This template is an empty C# project that contains example extension code.
Using the Extension
With this repository available to you, you can extend the Corporate Admin commissions engine functionality and features by implementing Hooks and creating new custom API endpoints.