A webalias is an associate’s username. When a customer navigates to your eCommerce Shop (i.e.,
[CLIENTID].shop.directscale.com) they will be presented with this screen:
This happens when there is no default webalias setup, so a customer has to enter a username of an associate under whom to create an order. This customer, however, may not have been referred to your eCommerce Shop by anyone and just wants to order products from your company.
What We’ll Cover
- Creating an Orphan Corporate Associate
- Adding eCommerce Shop URL
- Entering the Default Webalias in eCommerce Admin
- Redirecting Your Corporate Site to the eCommerce Shop
Creating an Orphan Corporate Associate
When your platform is first initialized, a main corporate associate was created that has no sponsor above it; typically, this associate shares the same name as your company.
The first thing you need to do is create an orphan corporate associate in Corporate Office under your main corporate associate. You can name this associate whatever you want, but you’ll want something semantic (e.g., YourCompanyName Orphan).
Read more: Adding and Editing Associates
Note: the Sponsor ID is your main corporate associate’s BackOffice ID that can be found in it’s associate detail page, or by typing the main corporate associate’s name in the field and clicking the search suggestion.
Adding eCommerce Shop URL
Finding the Page
In Corporate Office:
- Locate the orphan associate with the Find Associates page search bar.
- Click the Name link to navigate to the orphan Associate Detail page.
- Click the WebSites & BackOffice tab.
Adding a Website
- Under Websites, click + Add Website to open the Add Website pop-up window.
- In the pop-up, enter the default webalias; typically, this is www or signup.
- Click Create Website to assign the webalias.
Entering the Default Webalias in eCommerce Admin
Finding the Page
In eCommerce Admin, navigate to: Company Setting > Settings.
Entering the Default WebAlias
- Expand the Global section.
- Locate the defaultWebAlias field and enter the default webalias you entered in Corporate Office.
- Click SAVE.
Now, when you enter your eCommmerce Shop’s URL (
[CLIENTID].shop.directscale.com) in your browser, you’ll be automatically redirected under the orphan’s username (
When a customer enrolls under this default webalias, they will be placed under the corporate orphan associate. You’ll then want to then place them under an associate of your choice using the Tree Movements page in Corporate Office.
Read more: Making Tree Movements
Redirecting Your Corporate Site to the eCommerce Shop
If you want to use your eCommerce Shop as your main corporate site (i.e.,
www.yourcompanyname.com) than you can do so by following a few simple steps:
- Click the Help button in the bottom right of the Help Center or admin site to Contact Customer Care to request the redirect.
- Our DevOps team will work with you to setup up the redirect.
Now, when a customer types your custom domain (i.e.,
www.corporate.com), they’ll be redirected to your eCommerce Shop under your default webalias (