The Sales Tax page contains the codes that the tax provider supplies (Squire, Avalara, etc.).
What We’ll Cover
These sales tax codes are used when setting up inventory items. When the items are purchased, the code is communicated back to the provider and the proper tax amount is charged to the item.
The default tax classes available are for Squire. If your tax provider of choice is Squire, then you don’t need to change anything, except to add any more classes and codes as necessary.
For every other provider, you do one of the following options:
- Edit the tax classes and change the tax codes to the ones supplied by your tax provider.
- Delete the Squire tax classes and then add the tax classes and codes supplied by your tax provider.
Finding the Page
In Corporate Office, navigate to: Administration > Sales Tax.
Obtaining Tax Codes
Adding Tax Classes
- Click the + Add Tax Class button
- The Tax Class pop-up window opens.
- Enter tax class Name and Description.
- Enter provided Tax Code.
- Click Save.