The Test Merchant is a payment method that allows you to submit orders without requiring real currency to be exchanged in order to test the order taking process.
What We’ll Cover
- Adding the Test Merchant
- Using the Test Merchant
- Order Payment Responses
Adding the Test Merchant
This payment method comes configured with your system out-of-the-box, but you if it’s been deleted or no longer appears in the Payment Methods page list, then it will need to be re-added.
Finding the Page
In Corporate Office, navigate to: Administration > Payment Methods.
Adding the Payment Map
- In the Payment Methods page, click the Add Payment Map button.
- The Create a Map pop-up window opens.
- Click the Region dropdown, and select the necessary configured regions.
- Click the Merchant dropdown, and select either Test Merchant (USD) or Test Merchant (EUR) depending on whichever currency you want to represent.
- Click the Stores dropdown, and select for which stores the payment method will be used.
- When finished, click the Save changes button. The pop-up closes, and the Test Merchant payment method is added to the list where it can be edited and deleted.
Using the Test Merchant
To use the Test Merchant, you’ll need to create an order in whichever stores you selected in the configuration.
For this guide, we’re going to create an order in the Corporate Shop under our test associate Sam Space.
- In the Corporate Shop, Add an item to the cart.
- In the Shopping Cart, click Checkout.
In the Checkout page for the selected stores, you won’t see the Test Merchant payment method under the Payment Method section.
But if you click the Add Payment Method button, you can enter any test card number in the Add Payment Method pop-up window.
After you save the card, you’ll be able to process the order with the test card.
Order Payment Responses
The Test Merchant can create different order payment responses based on the last four digits of the card number you enter as a Payment Method in an order’s Checkout page.
- 1111 = Accepted
- 2222 = Payment Pending
- 3333 = Rejected
- 4444 = Fraud Rejected
- 5555 - Pending Fraud Review
- 6666 = Pending Precheck
- 7777 = Redirect
- 8888 = Not Provided
- Any other numbers = Success