Now that your payment provider is mapped, you can test the integration with a test order.
What We’ll Cover
- Domain Whitelisting
- Creating a Test Inventory Item
- Creating a Test Order
- Checking Order Status
- Testing Refunds
- Testing Cancellation
Before you begin your testing, you may need to whitelist your Stage and Live sites IP address with your payment provider.
The following payment providers may require domain whitelisting:
- Global Payment Gateway (GPG)
Contact Customer Care if you need assistance obtaining your site’s IP address.
Creating a Test Inventory Item
The best way to test your integration is to create a test item that only costs $1.00 available in the same Stores as your payment provider.
If you need help, check out this guide: Inventory Items and Pricing Guide
Creating a Test Order
After creating your test inventory item, you can create a test order.
In each shop, add your test item to the cart:
In the Checkout page, click the Add Payment Method button and add a payment card.
If the payment card is added successfully then you can click Place Order.
If you received an error, double-check your credentials and payment map configuration, or contact customer care for assistance.
Checking Order Status
After placing an order, in Corporate Office, navigate to the order’s Detail page by clicking the Order Number link.
Under the Payments section, you can see the details of the transaction, the payment provider response, and status.
Next, you’ll want to test the refund process.
Note: some payment providers require 24 hours before you can initiate a refund.
- Under the Payments section, click Refund.
- The Refund Payments pop-up window opens.
- Check the Payment Amount.
- Click the Process Refund button.
- The status of the order should change to Refunded and your charge should be returned to your card.
Once refunds have been tested, you can cancel the order.
- Click the Cancel Order button.
- The Cancel Order pop-up window opens.
- Click the Delete button to confirm.