Associates is an umbrella term in the system that refers to:
- Independent Distributors - Someone who has signed up to sell for your company.
- Customers - Someone that shops in a Distributor’s eCommerce Shop.
- Preferred Customers - A customer that has signed up for an account to shop or AutoShip.
Throughout this Help Center, you’ll see the term “Associates” used primarily to refer to Distributors. For many tools, the distinction between customers and Distributors is not important, as you manage them in the same way.
Key areas of interest:
- Associate Detail page - This is the Associate’s record that contains statistics and tools for updating account details.
- Create Associate - Use this tool to create a new Associate manually.
- Edit Associate - Edit the Associate’s account details such as their name, type, and address.
- Visual Tree - A UI that allows you to look at an Associate’s entire organization. Associate’s have access to their own Visual Tree in Web Office.
- Impersonate in Office - This feature allows you to view an Associate’s Web Office instance just as they would.