The Price and Discounts tab is where you set a price for your item. You can define the amount, and for which stores and distributor types they appear. The adjusted prices are sorted in a list. If you have multiple prices set for an item, whichever price is at the bottom of the list will be used.
What We’ll Cover
Finding the Page
In you new inventory item’s Item Detail page, click the Price and Discounts tab.
Viewing Added Prices and Discounts
- Price and Discounts List - Lists all your price adjustments sorted in a table.
- Edit and Remove - Edit the price adjustment. Opens the Price and Discounts pop-up window where you can edit the fields. Click the Remove button to delete the price adjustment.
- Volume Split - Click the checkboxes to reveal the parameters to split either CV or QV volumes.
- Percentage - Enter the percentage initially split at the time of purchase for the period.
- Frequency - Select the frequency type from the dropdown and enter the frequency amount in the field.
- Click Add Price Adjustment to open up the Price and Discounts pop-up window.
Adding a Price Adjustment
Display As - select whether an item is discounted or at regular price. The Discount option will override any price options you have set up for applicable Stores, Price Groups, Order Types, and Regions.
Price - Type the standard sales price for the item.
Currency (USD by default) - select an available currency type.
CV Amount - Type the Commissionable Volume for the item.
QV Amount - Type the the Qualifying Volume for the item.
Bonus Paid - Type the bonus to be paid for the item.
Reward Points - Assign reward points to the item.
Note: The CV, QV, Bonus Paid, and Reward Points fields are only applicable to compensation plans that allow for them. If programmed, enter applicable volume in the fields; otherwise, leave blank.
Stores - Assign for which stores this item will appear. Inventory > Manage Stores. The item will only show if the category selected on the Data tab is configured with a matching store.
Price Group - Determine which associate type will see this item. Price Groups (also known as Associate Types) are determined by your business plan/nomenclature.
Order Type - Determine the order type assignment of the item.
Order Types Definitions
- Standard – items that will be in the Corporate, Wholesale, or Retail stores and should be added to every inventory item.
- AutoShip – If the item is available in the AutoShip store, then it should have BOTH Standard and AutoShip order types.
Regions - Assign the item to a region, allowing it to be sold in that area. Associates must be in the selected region to see this item (determined by the Associate’s address).
Begin Date and End Date Fields - Adjust the date and time parameters to your preference for the price discount. If you want the discount to be left active for an indefinite amount of time, you don’t need to make any changes to the default parameters.
This feature is particularly useful when a price or item is promotional or seasonal. By setting parameters, the price adjustment on the product will not appear in configured stores outside of these dates and times.
Since multiple price adjustments can be set, you could set a promotional price for one associate type or region, while also leaving the price discount availability indefinite for another associate type or region.
Entering an end time of 12:00 a.m. means the discount will end at the beginning of the day of the assigned end date, not the end. To end a discount at the end of the day make sure the end time is set to 11:59 p.m. on the end date.
Close - Close the pop-up without saving. You can also click the X icon in the top right corner, or press the Esc key on your keyboard.
Click Set Price to add the price adjustment configuration.