Did you know you can easily track the source of an order (where/how it was placed)? When an Associate creates an order, the system logs a unique identifier for the source to the Database.
Order sources include:
- Unknown - Existing orders will show this type, or if the system can’t determine the source.
- V1 API - Version 1 of the DirectScale Internal API orders. Order placed in the Web Office and eCommerce Shop will show as this source
- V2 API - Version 2 of the DirectScale Internal API orders
- Public API - Public API (V3) orders
- Corp Admin (Corporate Shop) orders
- Data Migration - Orders sourced from a previous system that were moved to DirectScale via data migration SQL scripts. These sources must manually be added (OrderSourceID: 4).
- Import Order - Orders created with the Import External Order API
- AutoShip - Subscription orders
- Facade - Orders through the Facade Layer
- Client Extension - Orders sourced from the preceding methods but run through the Client Extension
- Unknown Extension
- Public API Extension
- V1 API Extension
- V2 API Extension
- Corp Admin Extension
- Import Order Extension
- AutoShip Extension
- Facade Extension
Note: Order sources are not customizable.
Viewing on the Order’s Detail
Admin: Corporate Admin
Page: Sales > Orders > Order Detail
On the order’s Detail page, the Order Source displays in the Order Detail section:
Viewing with the SQL Manager
Admin: Corporate Admin
Page: Reports > SQL Manager
Permission: SqlManagerAdministrator(), SqlManagerBasic(), or SqlManagerReadOnly()
You may find it helpful to locate and view orders’ sources by querying the Database directly. You can do this via the SQL Manager.
In the Query Box, enter a SQL query similar to the following example to select the ORD_Order table:
SELECT * FROM [dbo].[ORD_Order]
The preceding example shows the top 300 records of the ORD_Order table. To retrieve more specific order source data, you can use the following:
SELECT OrderSourceID FROM [dbo].[ORD_Order] WHERE recordnumber = <ADD YOUR ORDER NUMBERS HERE>
<ADD YOUR ORDER NUMBERS HERE>with your list of order numbers to view.
OrderSourceID is the recordnumber (Primary Key) for the ORD_OrderSource table.
Click the Run button to execute the query.
Click Export to download a CSV file containing the data.
Note: Using the Data Editor, you can modify an order’s source by editing the OrderSourceID on the ORD_Order table