In the Web Office, after an Associate places an order, they may see one of the following statuses on their Order History page:
- “Waiting Payment”
- “Payment Failed”
- “Payment Declined”
- “Card declined. Call issuer”
These statuses mean there was something wrong with the order’s payment method.
The Associate receives an email containing instructions for what to do when their payment fails. You can customize this email in Corporate Admin: Editing Email Templates.
A one-time order that failed must be processed again manually, or the Associate can create a new order. AutoShips will also have to be manually processed unless you have custom code or Retry Rules set to try AutoShip orders again after a certain time.
One of the Associate’s options is to correct their payment method issues and then re-run the order.
Correcting Payment Method
Site: Web Office
Page: Account > Billing
If the Associate used a debit or credit card to pay for the order, then they can delete the failed payment card and add a new one:
- Locate the Account > Billing > Add Payment Methods widget.
- Locate the failed payment card and click the icon to delete the failed payment card.
- A pop-up opens requesting confirmation. Click DELETE to confirm.
- Click ADD NEW CARD. The Add Payment Method pop-up window opens where you can enter the card details.
Re-Running the Order
Site: Web Office
Page: Orders > Order History
With a valid payment method, the Associate can now re-run the order on the Order History page:
- On the failed order, click RE-RUN ORDER. You navigate to the order’s Checkout page.
- Select a valid Payment Method.
- Ensure all other info is correct.
- Select the checkboxes to accept the terms.
- Click FINISH.
Note: To turn the Re-Run order feature off, contact Customer Care.