Back to Testing Checklist
After going through the checklists in the Get Started section, setting up shipping methods, and integrating with a third-party logistics (3PL) provider, you’ll want to ensure orders ship correctly for your Associates. To do this, you create orders using a test Associate in Corporate Admin, Web Office, and eCommerce Shop.
- Do this on your Live environment.
- Do this for each of your Stores (mainly Corporate, Wholesale, Retail).
- Do this for every market you have set up.
- Do this for each shopping cart you have set up.
Report any errors you find to Customer Care or your DirectScale contact.
Before You Start
- Create a test Associate.
- Set up warehouses.
- Set up shipping methods.
- Learn about Shipping Synchronization.
- Integrate with a supported third-party logistics (3PL) provider, or set up the generic FTP Site.
- Ensure your money in payment provider is set up on Live. You’ll be charging a valid debit/credit card just as your customers would, so ensure there are funds available.
In each Shop:
Add an item to the cart and check out.
On the Checkout page:
- Change/Edit the Shipping Address.
- Select a Shipping Method. The Shipping total should update based on your selection.
Click Place Order. Depending on the Shop, you will navigate to one of the following options:
- For Corporate Admin, an Order Complete page displays. Click the order number link to navigate to the order’s Detail page to view the order’s details.
- For Web Office, an Order Confirmed page displays. Click the VIEW INVOICE button to view the order’s invoice.
- For eCommerce Shop, an Order Complete page displays. On the header, click the Associate’s name and select Orders. You should navigate to the Order History page, where you can click the order number or View Order link to view the order’s invoice.
Check that the order’s info is sent to your 3PL. Order statuses changed by your 3PL should update the order in DirectScale. This communication occurs via APIs. You can read more in Updating Shipment Packages with APIs.