Admin: Corporate Office
Page: Inventory > Inventory Items > Item Detail > Data
The Data tab features a variety of fields. The data entered depends on your product’s specifications.
What We’ll Cover
- Required Fields
- Main Image
- Item Codes
- Shipping Information
- Item Info and Status
- California Prop 65
- Item Sort Order
Enter the Stock Keeping Unit for an item.
This is the item’s unique identifier. The system sends this to the logistic and tax providers when doing calculations.
The SKU and Item ID appear at the top of the page for reference.
Select the inventory item’s category. Categories display:
- In the Corporate Shop and eCommerce Shop sidebars
- As tabs in the Web Office
Categories are created in the Inventory > Categories page. Read more in Adding Categories
Under Image, upload and select an item’s main image (recommended size: 500x500 PX).
To add an image:
Click Select Image.
The Select Image pop-up opens.
In the pop-up, select the image.
Or, click the Upload button to select an image from your computer.
Click the Select Image button.
To remove an image:
Click Clear Image.
The image removes without warning.
Additional images can be added under the Image tab. Read more in Selecting Additional Item Images
Universal Product Code.
Manufacturer Part Number.
This code appears in an order’s Customs Invoice. You can access this invoice by clicking the Print Customs button in the order’s Detail page’s Packages widget.
In the Customs Invoice, the HS Code displays under the Full Description of Goods, preceding the Inventory Item’s Name (showing in the following image).
Dimensions (L x W x H)
Type the Length, Width, and Height of the item.
Required if shipping the item.
Enter Length Class, or the unit of measurement, for the length.
- Type the Weight of the item. You must enter a weight if you base the shipping cost per pound or on a table.
- Enter Weight Class, or the unit of measurement, for the weight. Required if you have entered a weight.
Select the package group to separate the order’s items into different shipments.
- Separating items that could be flammable
- Preventing cross-contamination
You can add more package group options by adding a row to the INV_PackageGroup data table. Learn more in Data Editor.
Important: You must manually change each package’s status to “Shipped”. Learn how in Changing an Order’s Status to Shipped in Corporate Office.
- If you have to ship the physical item to the Associate, select Yes.
- If the item is digital (like a subscription), select No.
Type the Kit Level for the inventory item. The system bundles items with the same Kit Level.
Item Info and Status
Select whether the item is a standard item or raw material.
Select a Tax Class for the item.
Your Tax Provider requires this information. Because each tax class has a different tax rate, it’s important to choose an accurate tax class.
Unit Of Measure
Assign a unit of measurement to the item itself. For example, an item sold in bulk by the pound.
Out Of Stock Status
Select the status shown to the customer when an item is out of stock:
- In Stock
- 2-3 days (if the product will be available soon)
- Out of Stock
- Pre-order (if it is a future product)
The Status setting has no current functionality.
California Prop 65
There are two California Proposition 65 fields that must be set if your business is in California:
- CA Prop 65 - Causes Birth Defects (Yes/No)
- CA Prop 65 - Causes Cancer (Yes/No)
Assign whether an item is meeting the compliance requirements for California Proposition 65.
Item Sort Order
Type a number to sort the order the item appears in the Corporate Shop.
- When viewing the inventory list in Corporate Shop:
Items sort from smallest to largest, with 0 being the smallest number.
0 is set by default on all new items.
Use groups (0s, 5s, 10s, etc.) to leave space for other items you may want to appear in the gaps.
- When viewing in a eCommerce Shop or Web Office:
- Sort order applies per category. Category order follows the order on the Inventory > Categories page.