Admin: Corporate Admin
Page: Inventory > Products > Item Detail > Data
The Data tab features a variety of fields. The data entered depends on your product’s specifications.
- SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) is a required field for all inventory items. This is the item’s unique identifier. The system sends this to the logistic and tax providers when doing calculations.
The SKU and Item ID appear at the top of the page for reference.
Category is a required field for all inventory items. The first category in the list is selected by default. To change your selection, click on the drop-down and select a different category. Categories display on the shopping page in the Corporate Shop, eCommerce Shop, and Web Office.
Categories are created in the Settings > Inventory Settings > Categories page. Read more in Adding Categories.
- Sort Order is a numeric value that allows you to position the item in the list of products on shopping pages.
Items sort from smallest to largest, with 0 being the smallest number.
0 is set by default on all new items.
Use groups (0s, 5s, 10s, etc.) to leave space for other items you may want to appear in the gaps.
- UPC (Universal Product Code)
- MPN (Manufacturer Part Number)
HS Code (Harmonized Tariff Commodity Code)
This code appears in an order’s Customs Invoice. You can access this invoice by clicking the Print Customs button in the order’s Detail page’s Packages widget.
In the Customs Invoice, the HS Code displays under the Full Description of Goods, preceding the Inventory Item’s Name (showing in the following image).
- Kit Level can be assigned to inventory items, which corresponds with a default KPI in the system called "Kit Level" which contains a numeric value. If an inventory item has a kit level set on it, and a user purchases it, their Kit Level KPI will be updated to the kit level value input into this field.
Status selected on the Data tab sets the
Disabledfield in the
INV_Inventorydatabase table to either
false. This value is returned in all APIs that return product data, and items are still returned in API results regardless of the status. By itself, this setting does not affect the inventory item's availability, including whether or not it can be purchased, however, an external shopping site could use that field to excluded disabled items from the product list available for shopping.
The Image set on the Data tab is considered the item's main image (recommended size: 500x500 PX).
To add an image:
Click + Select Image.
The Select Image pop-up opens.
In the pop-up, select the image.
Or, click the Upload button to select an image from your computer.
Click the Select Image button.
The inventory images are uploaded under the base URL
To remove an image:
Click Clear Image.
The image removes without warning.
You can add additional images under the Image tab. Read more in Selecting Additional Item Images.
- Out of Stock Status indicates what stock status should display to users for this inventory item when the item is out of stock:
In Stock — Item is in stock and ready to buy
2-3 days — Item will be in stock at a future date
Out of Stock — Item is out of stock until further notice
Pre-order — Item is not yet released, but an Associate can buy
Setting the Out Of Stock Status for an inventory item is required. Stock Level tracking and out-of-stock behavior are dependent on this setting and will have no effect unless set. Read more in the Stock Levels Guide.
- Requires Shipping is used to indicate if the item is a physical item that should be shipped, or is a digital item that is not shipped. If you have to ship the physical item to the Associate, select Yes. If the item is digital (like a subscription service), select No.
- Tax Class is assigned per item, according to your Tax Provider. Because each tax class has a different tax rate, it’s important to choose an accurate tax class. You can add/edit tax classes on the Settings > Company Settings > Sales Tax page. Read more in Adding Tax Classes.
- Product Class indicates whether the item is a standard item or raw material.
- Package Group selections can be used for categorizing shipments.
Separating items that could be flammable
You can add more package group options by adding a row to the INV_PackageGroup data table. Learn more in Data Editor.
You must manually change each package’s status to "Shipped". Learn how in Changing an Order’s Status to Shipped in Corporate Admin.
- California Prop 65
There are two California Proposition 65 fields that must be set if your business is in California:
CA Prop 65 - Causes Birth Defects (Yes/No)
CA Prop 65 - Causes Cancer (Yes/No)
Assign whether an item is meeting the compliance requirements for California Proposition 65.
- Enter the Length, Width, and Height of the item. Measurement units should be entered according to the selected Length Class. Required if shipping the item.
- Length Class is the unit of measurement being used for the Length, Width, and Height.
- Enter the Weight of the item. Weight units should be entered according to the selected Weight Class.
- Weight Class is the unit of measurement being used for the Weight. Required if you have entered a weight.
- Unit of Measure is for the item itself. For example, an item sold in bulk vs. by the pound.
Please sign in to leave a comment.