The Data tab features a variety of fields. The only required settings are the SKU and Category. The rest depends on the specifics of your product and you should add the data as you see fit.
What We’ll Cover
Finding the Page
In you new inventory item’s Item Detail page, click the Data tab.
Adding Inventory Data
- SKU (Required) - Type the Stock Keeping Unit for an item. This is a unique identifier that is sent to the logistic and tax providers when doing calculation.
- Category (Required) - Dropdown to select the inventory item’s category. Categories display in the sidebar in the Corporate Shop and eCommerce Shop, and as tabular navigation in the Web Office.
- UPC - Type the Universal Product Code for an item.
- Image - Upload and select an item’s main image. (Recommended size: 500x500 px)
- Select Image - Select from the available images, or click the Upload button to select an image from your computer.
- Clear Image - Removes the selected image.
- MPN - Enter the Manufacturer Part Number for an item.
- Kit Level - Type the Kit Level for the inventory item. Items with the same Kit Level will be bundled in an order.
- HS Code - Type the Harmonized Tariff Commodity Code for an item.
- Dimensions (L x W x H) - Type the length, width, and height of the item. Required if the item is to be shipped.
- Tax Class - Select a tax class for the item. Since each tax class has a different tax rate, it’s important to choose an accurate tax class.
- Length Class - Select the unit of measurement for the length.
- Product Class - Select whether the item is a standard item or raw material.
- Weight - Type the weight of the item. Weight must be added if shipping cost is based per pound or based on a table.
- Package Group - Select the package group.
- Weight Class - Select the unit of measurement for the weight. Required if you have entered a weight.
- Out Of Stock Status - Select the status shown to the customer when an item is out of stock.
- In Stock
- 2-3 days (if the product will be available soon)
- Out of Stock
- Pre-order (if it is a future product)
- Unit Of Measure - Assign a unit of measurement to the item itself (e.g. an item sold in bulk by the pound).
- Requires Shipping - Select whether or not the item is shipped.
- Status - Has no current functionality.
- CA Prop 65 Fields - Assign whether an item is meeting the compliance requirements for California Proposition 65.
- Sort Order - Type a number to sort the order the item appears in the Corporate Shop.
- When viewing the inventory list in Corporate Office: items sort from smallest to largest, with 0 being the smallest number (0 is set by default on all new items). We suggest using groups, such as 0s, 5s, 10s, etc. in order to leave space for other items you may want to appear in the gaps.
- When viewing in a eCommerce Admin or Web Office Admin: Sort order is applied per category. Category order follows the order on the Inventory > Categories page.
- Click Save Changes.