After creating or editing a compensation plan, it’s recommended to test the configurations to make sure the results return as expected. This article will go through the steps to test these results.
If you need answers, ideas, or consulting from an expert, see the DirectScale Marketplace
What We’ll Cover
- Associate Statistics
- 1. Create a Test Associate
- 2. Add Inventory with Volume Amounts
- 3. Map Testing Payment Methods
- 4. Create a Test Corporate Shop Order
- 5. Validate Volume and Bonus Rewards
- 6. Test Rank Conditions
- 7. Repeat the Steps for the Additional Test Associates
- 8. Validate Volume Distribution
- 9. Configure Web Office Widgets
- 10. Create a Commission Run Profile
The Statistics section on an Associate’s Detail page is a major tool that will be used during this process, it helps by displaying the stats that were created in a compensation plan, to let you easily see your testing results and confirm they returned correctly.
The stats that display in this section are configured from the selected Stats Template. To learn how to configure this section to display your new or edited compensation plan’s configurations see: Using the XML Compensation Plan Editor
1. Create a Test Associate
If needed, create a test Associate.
Create at least two additional test Associates and make the Step 1 test Associate their sponsor. Make one of the new test Associates a Distributor Associate and the other a Retail Associate.
2. Add Inventory with Volume Amounts
Create an Inventory Item with Volume and Bonuses. This will be used as a test item.
Important: Make sure to add Corporate to the Stores field to allow a corporate order to distribute the item’s volume and bonuses.
3. Map Testing Payment Methods
Ensure the Test Merchant and Cash payment methods are enabled for the Corporate store. They should be enabled by default. If they need to be added, see: Mapping Payment Providers.
4. Create a Test Corporate Shop Order
5. Validate Volume and Bonus Rewards
Ensure that the item’s volumes and bonuses were given to the test Associate by looking at the Statistics section on an Associate’s Detail.
6. Test Rank Conditions
Use the Statistics section to test your Compensation Plan’s Rank conditions by modifying the test Associate’s volume or modifying the volume given from the test order. Make sure that when the test Associate meets the Rank conditions that they move in rank as expected.
7. Repeat the Steps for the Additional Test Associates
Using the test Associate’s Visual Tree, repeat the testing steps (Step 4-6) with the additional test Associates under your Sponsor test Associate.
Ensure that volume is distributing according to the their Associate Types.
8. Validate Volume Distribution
Using the sponsor test Associate’s Trees page to determine if the Volume is distributing properly, as determined by the Compensation Plan’s Tree conditions.
9. Configure Web Office Widgets
Once all your new or edited Compensation Plan KPIs, Stats, Volumes, and Ranks are tested, configure the following to your preference, reflecting the data displayed from Corporate Admin:
Additionally, set up Web Office Reports. you’ll want to make sure that the information displayed reflects what’s generated from the Corporate Admin, as well:
- Customizing Web Office Report Center Report Data
- Creating a Report Center Report in Web Office
- Adding a Quick Report with Web Office Admin