With this guide, we’ll take you through the critical steps involved in launching in a new market.
- Adding Currencies
- Adding Countries and Languages in all admins
- Syncing Countries and Languages
- Adding Regions and Locales
- Adding A New Market Inventory Price Adjustment
- Adding New Market Warehouses and Shipping Methods
- Mapping New Market Payment Methods
- Configuring New Market AutoShip Rules
- Configuring New Market Shopping Carts
- Configuring Web Office Widgets
- Using MFC to Restrict New Market Content and Elements
- New Market Localization
There are a few things to gather when you want to launch into a new market. Having all of these elements figured out beforehand will save you time later and lead to a more thorough, successful launch.
With that in mind, here are some things to consider:
Countries and Languages:
- How many language/country combinations are needed?
- Will any languages need regional dialects?
- For example: FR-French vs CA-French.
- Do you want product titles and descriptions translated?
- Will the following need language translation?:
- Training content
- Site images
- Third-party linked pages
- What will be the Country Code for each new market
- Will there be currency changes for the new market(s)?
Inventory and Warehouses:
- Will there be new product SKUs involved?
- Will new Warehouses be involved?
- Will there be new shipping methods used?